Saturday, September 17, 2005

quilting it


fragilitycloseup
Originally uploaded by leap-of-faith.
This is a close up of the quilt top I posted yesterday - but quilted. I love these small pieces (14" x 14") - you can actually get a lot achieved in an hour of quilting!

(If you want to see the quilting in more detail click on the image then choose all sizes.)

The background fabric is black homespun that I have discharged with a 50% bleach/water solution and then neutralised. The lighter fabric is also a black homespun bleached until all the colour was removed, this fabric I then printed with a seedpod.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! I must do some quilting.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Micki said...

I like this. Could you tell us a little bit of how it was done.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Fiona, this is quite beautiful. The very neutral colors give the forms impact. Jen

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home