Thursday, June 16, 2005

fabric ATC's - Artist Trading Cards


ATCtrio
Originally uploaded by leap-of-faith.
To construct my ATC I first make a sandwich of backing fabric / vleisofix / batting / vleisofix , and iron to make a unit.
I then either sew my ATC top or use a piece of fabric and vleisofix the 'bits' on.
This I then iron altogether.
I usually then cut to my 2/1/2 x 3/1/2 finished size before quilting.
To finish I either do a straight or zig-zag stitch several times around the outside.
If the back has ended up particularily messy I will then vleisofix on another backing, and do a couple more rounds of stitching around the outside.

2 Comments:

Blogger iHanna said...

They are beautiful, I wish I understood your description! ;-) I think I will experiment with fabric in the atumn months, it looks so fun! Let's do a new trade then! :-)

9:40 AM  
Blogger ste-pha-nie said...

Thank you for sharing your methodology! If I can find vleisofix here... I must pull out my dusty sewing machine and try sometime.

My ATC from you arrived today! Thank you :)

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home