Thursday, June 09, 2005

first fabric postcard


postcard1
Originally uploaded by leap-of-faith.
I have made quite a few Artist Trading Cards, but wanted to try the postcard size. From the sites I have found the finished size seems to be 4 x 6 inches.
This was a piece of a block I had played with and was never going to use - ideal for a postcard though. Having a starting point made the process easy, think I will turn all my odd blocks into postcards! First I cut my piece to approximately 4 1/2 x 6 1/2inches, this I spray basted to a piece of batting. I quilted this (with no backing fabric). I then vliesofixed a piece of calico to the back, then trimmed to 4 x 6 inches and finished the edges with several rows of stitches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home